• Apprentice
    21 Jun 2024, 8:56 p.m.

Hello IWC Community,

As an enthusiast of both innovative watches and sustainable technologies, I've been exploring the intersection of luxury timepieces and renewable energy sources. With the rising interest insolar panel prices and their applications in technology, I'm curious about the potential for integrating solar energy solutions in the world of high-end watches, like those from IWC.

1. Are there any developments or future plans for IWC or the broader luxury watch industry to incorporate solar-powered technology into watch designs?
    2. How might the advances in reducing solar panel prices influence the feasibility of solar-powered luxury watches?
    3. Does anyone here have experience with solar-powered watches and could share how they compare in performance and reliability to traditional models?

I am eager to hear your thoughts and whether there's a potential market interest in such hybrid luxury timepieces that marry traditional craftsmanship with cutting-edge, eco-friendly technology.

Thank you for your insights!

• Master
    21 Jun 2024, 9:16 p.m.

Yes! They are called G-Shock Solar, And another makes a watch called a Solar Beat, but both are essentially Quartz watches. Not exactly comparable with Mechanical watches which get their power from our movement or winding .........

BOT ;-(