• Apprentice
    3 Mar 2024, 12:51 a.m.

Good evening ,

I need your help , please.

Will ranging my deceded grand father boxes ive found this IWC watch .

Inside the mechanism he has a serial number but the case has not...is he a real or fake IWC watch ?

Regards

Macedo

photos.app.goo.gl/M9xmdZ3wHqZUUcKo8

• 4 Mar 2024, 5:30 p.m.

Hello, it is a very real IWC and one of the highest standards.

I see the engraving qual extra ; that means it was buit with the smallest tolerances and with the best parts.

Very nice cal 65 from 1904.

Indeed the caseback shgould have a serial number too, maybe it was replaced at a certain time in the past.

• Apprentice
    4 Mar 2024, 10:28 p.m.

Good evening Mr Tony,

Thanks for your message.

Indeed, the only mark that he has outside , is in the bow .

The but is to give this 120 years watch a clean up and see if the mecanhism is in good condition. ( he stops after 10 hours working ) and try to find is history , my mother told me that he was a heritage gave to my grand father.

Regards

Macedo

I

• Apprentice
    30 Jun 2024, 12:44 p.m.

Good morning Mr.Tonny,

Saddly my Cal 65 has retourn from manufacturing the same way.

Like you told me, the case is not the original and for that reason any intervetion is not possible, IWC rules .

They didnt even gave me the certificate of autethicity for that same reason.

They confirm a Cal 65 with the serial number 308528W...but I dont know were they found the W letter in the mechanism.

Do you think that is possible, by any way, too know how the case looks like?

Greatings

Sergio leitao

• Connoisseur
    30 Jun 2024, 1:39 p.m.

Hi, beautiful pocket watch!

IWC will not service a watch that is not fully authentic. But any competent watchmaker can service this watch (but not those guys that only know how to change batteries). If you get the movement cleaned, serviced and oiled it should work for a long time.

Please tell us what happens!

Henrik

• Apprentice
    30 Jun 2024, 10:13 p.m.

Good evening Mr Henrik,

Yes, that is my next step, try to find a real watchmaker near by.

In fact i saw, that a kind watchmaker at the manufacturing , has change some old and probably not original scrwes in the rubis.

The bridges are now really beautiful with those small screws...lovelly!

I will give news in the futur .

Kind regards to all